The school’s original heritage-protected 1920’s red brick Locksley House at the Ridgeway campus has been refurbished to provide an exciting visual and performing arts precinct.
On the ground floor there has been a strong emphasis on acoustic design with the provision of rehearsal room for orchestra, band and choir, six music studios, two large percussion studios and a professional audio mastering studio as well as a recording studio.
The first floor has been opened up to create a light and airy Studio Arts and Visual Communication facilities with seven art studios, a purpose built Mac Lab, silk screening printing facilities, 2D and 3D studios.
Environmentally sustainable design (ESD) principals were incorporated throughout the building with new insulated roof and windows upgraded with high performance glazing green louvre clad façade that automatically tracks the sun’s position.
Debtech liaised with the architect and consulting engineers to prepare the scope of work, tender, negotiate and award the construction contract for this challenging refurbishment.